Monday, November 24, 2008

Pick Me Apart.

For decades my people were oppressed by the
sights of a war-torn country unable to speak their minds
or express their rights under this iron fist that we call
communism so twenty-eight years ago my parents
hopped on a boat set adrift in the waves not knowing
where they would go or where they would end but
they knew that they had to take the chance that they were
given and they risked their life to give me mine
and sacrificed everything just so I could have something
and for sixteen years they raised me right but
still I feel trapped like a lab rat caught in
this maze that I thought was love because
from the day we first met I had so much faith
to keep moving on no matter what trying desperately
to find the prize but in the end my greed made
me blind and I couldn't see that you were treating
me like shit and that you never cared and
that you never shared your love it was all
a charade for you to get what you want
by any means necessary even if it meant
breaking my heart but you never felt regret or remorse
as you picked me apart so now we're not friends and
I had to learn to depend on only me and no one
else because when you give your heart that means you
lose yourself but I have been found by the Lord at last
This isn't a rap, this is my soul on blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment