Thursday, June 2, 2011

illusory

I'm zonin' right now, head bouncing back and forth, eyes wide shut, the touch of early morning nipping against the window behind me. Its not quite summer yet - in fact, it rained yesterday - but my drive is already beginning to pick up.

Another year, another birthday. 2011 didn't quite do for me what the previous two years did. As I grow older, I see more and more things on a gray scale, rather than in vibrant color. Both my mind and my body are constantly re-adjusting themselves, becoming accustomed to these nuances that I've been forced to take on as a result of such drastic lifestyle changes. For instance, I no longer feel the urge to reach into my pocket and check my phone every five minutes, because I know that unlike in years past, there won't be any new messages for me, anyway.

Yet my heart has a life of its own, separate from mind and body, and at times it feels as if all three are wandering off, all at once, each in their own direction. Truth is, as productive as I've been, I'm far from whole. An air of emptiness constantly lingers around me, ushering in lonely nights and reflective mornings, and its in times like these that I wish I had a companion of the fairer sex to share my deepest thoughts and sentiments with. Where she is, I haven't got a clue.


But how can I help another if I can't help myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment