Monday, June 20, 2011

A Learning Experience

Maybe I'm a fool. A fool for expecting something out of nothing. A fool for expecting something so great to come so easily. A fool for expecting someone else my age to be ready for something a little more serious. A fool for expecting anything at all. I guess there's a fine line between being optimistic and having your hopes too high, and I crossed that line awhile ago. I promised myself after the last serious relationship that I had that I would never let myself make the same mistakes twice, but something about seeing you lay there, looking so precious, made my heart skip a beat. I thought I could save you, show you that love does exist and that it's worth fighting for; but then again, I can't save everybody.

Sometimes you just gotta roll with the punches.

No comments:

Post a Comment