Monday, April 19, 2010

Confession #41

You do realize that this is it, right? Seeing her on an almost-daily basis is one of the many things which keeps your image burning so bright in my mind day in and day out. It’s almost scary to think how much she’s beginning to resemble you, but after all, you guys are family. Well, not to me. You used to be. I miss that, really. Aside from all the lovey-dovey, I liked that I was just there for you, in an older-brother kind of way. But back to the topic at hand: this is it. I’m graduating in less than two months, which means I won’t be seeing her around as much anymore, which means I’ll be reminded of you less and less as well. I don’t know what’s going to happen. Am I going to forget about you? Will we continue being complete and total strangers for the rest of our lives? Are things ever going to be fixed, or will the shattered pieces of our friendship remain on the ground until the day we join them? Who knows. I’ve got the tools, but I need a helping hand, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment