Thursday, April 15, 2010

SicWest.

My current playlist pales in comparison to all the great music I've accumulated over the past month or so, but it'll have to do for now.

Wednesday was yet another one of those days that started of slow and ended in flames (deja vu much?). Be forewarned that this entry will have absolutely zero sense of structure or diction, so unless you're prepared to read a mess of thoughts, you can go ahead and stop right here.

School was nothing unusual, same ol', same ol'. I managed to (miraculously) stay awake for all of first period today. Second period blessed me with another perfect score on my homework, but psychology nearly put me to sleep. Fourth period was just great, yet another great score on a pop quiz. For once, Spanish was the most lively class I had all day; we were split up into groups today, and even with everybody scattered across the room, there was still much to laugh about. In fact, it was probably one of the funnest fifth periods I've had all year. Unfortunately, sixth period bored me to death, but at least having a sub is better than no sub at all.

Lunch was a blast, though. As I made my rounds through the quad, Danielle and Kelli managed to steal me away from my friends. We chatted for a bit until Danielle went to hang out with Mariel, so Kelli and I went out towards the staff parking lot where my mom dropped off my house key for me as well as two hotpockets for the both of us. Walked with Kelli back to Mrs. Voss' room (it was empty for once!) so we could heat up our hot pockets. That microwave needs to be replaced, asap! My hot pocket turned out half-cold and I ended up giving it to Patrick. Kelli's must have been great though, since she devoured it quicker than I've ever seen her eat anything (and we eat, A LOT).

After school, I hung out and talked with Jamie for a bit in the bus loading zone, then went with Kaylene to the liquor store so she could buy some chips. We headed back to school just as seventh period got out, and then I went with Nicole and Ashley to Target, where they bought some food as I was pushing the cart around, half-asleep. Crossed the street afterward so I could withdraw the money that I owe Marissa, and then got my double-shot espresso frappuccino from Starbucks. Although it certainly woke me up, it was much too strong for my taste, but I managed to finish it anyway. Chilled at Subway for a bit and helped the girls out with their guy problems.

Their kuya Don and his girlfriend Tiana picked us up an hour or so later, and we went to Safeway for a bit to do some grocery shopping before he dropped me off at home. I find it both amusing and awesome that their kuya, although he's quite a bit older than me, has really taken a liking to me. "SUP MIKEY!" was the first thing he said to the three of us, greeting me even before his own sisters! Apparently, I'm the only male friend that he (and their parents) like; this isn't anything new, though, because I seem to get the "special treatment" from the families of my female friends all the time. I gotta admit it's nice being able to hang out with the ladies without their family constantly breathing down my neck. To be trusted is perhaps one of the greatest compliments one can receive, and I'm glad to have received it so many times from so many different families.

I made it home to catch most of the first episode of Avatar. I'm REALLY pleased that they're starting to air more episodes nowadays; instead of one episode at 5 P.M., we now get two! Did my usual "run" on the elliptical, during which I noticed that my stomach has grown to a pretty hefty size. After a discussion with my mom and uncle regarding health, I said to myself that I'd begin eating healthier and taking better care of my body. I was hesitant to go to buy dinner that night, something which I had to do since my mom didn't cook anything, but I finally mustered the willpower to drive myself to Burrito Azteca, only this time, rather than indulging in a California Burrito or an order of Steak Fries along with a soft taco, I simply ordered two soft tacos and called it a day. The employees there must really, really love me; I've been there so many times that the lady who works up front has started calling me "mijo"!

Another hour of Avatar was airing when I returned home with my food, so I happily ate as I watched, and before I knew it, the clock had struck nine. Ah, American Idol...as much of a jerk as I may seem like for saying this, I was rather happy to see Andrew Garcia go, not because I don't like him, but because his fanbase has always annoyed me from the very beginning of his time on American Idol, and I don't know how much more I could have taken if he had stayed on the show. No offense to my friends of Filipino descent - most of my friends are, in fact, Filipino, and I get along with them very well, no racial problems here - but I know a lot of people voted for him just because he's Filipino, or because he's on Youtube, or both. That's great, but I'm sorry, that's not enough to make me vote for him. I'm an avid American Idol fan. I watch this show week in and week out, making sure to vote each and every time. How do I decide who to vote for? I vote based on the best performances I saw for THAT week and that week ONLY. I've voted for most of the contestants at least once (including Andrew), and the people that I vote for change on a weekly basis. I know Andrew is a great singer. I know he has potential. I know he has a bunch of great stuff up on Youtube, but that doesn't win American Idol, the live performances do, and let's be honest: in the past two months, he's only had a couple of great performances, whereas most of the other contestants have had MUCH greater success. Sorry, but I can't play favorites. And regarding racial pride? Yeah, he's Filipino. So what? If a Vietnamese contestant made it that far, I wouldn't vote for them just because they're the same race that I am. I vote for whoever I think is best for any given week, that's all there is to it. Some people think I'm just hating, but honestly? I'm just being fair. Open your eyes, please.

Anyway, after American Idol, I wrapped up my evening quite nicely with a quick session on the keys, followed by some working out and an episode of Fresh Prince. Needless to say, I'm quite beat at the moment, but today was one of the best days I've had in awhile. It's days like these that I wish I had my camera with me, but it's all good. Memories > photographs.





P.S. You had it all.

P.S.S. I would really like to know your name, for starters.

No comments:

Post a Comment