Monday, June 21, 2010

Like a needle on a vinyl.

Check out this sick dino I got at the mall last week.
dino
I live a "Here Today, Gone Tomorrow" lifestyle, but after much discussion with my mother, it looks like I'll be staying in San Jose while she heads off to Southern California again tomorrow to take care of some family business, and while I'll miss her, there's one thing that I'm really looking forward to: having the car to myself for the next few days.

Unfortunately for me, I've got nothing to do! I can't believe June is nearly over. It seems as if it were yesterday that the month was just getting started, my birthday and my graduation being the main attractions this particular June, but those days are long gone, and with them went any sense of regularity I once had. With summer comes open schedules and open hearts, and its up to me to make the best of them what I will. I've got nothing planned these next couple of days, but I wouldn't mind having someplace to be, not at all. Let's go somewhere, yeah?

Like Jhene said, "I can't stand the rain in July". I can relate, but even through the rain, there's always a patch of sun that makes it a little bit easier to bear, and this July, I've got two very, very exciting things planned. First up is my trip to Southern California from July 2nd until July 5th at the earliest, and possibly as late as July 7th. It's been awhile since I've been there, and even longer since I've had some time for just my siblings and myself, but it looks like I'll finally have my chances in a couple of weeks. The second big event? The release of Avatar! As in, The Last Airbender, not James Cameron's Avatar, which was still a brilliant movie. For an Avatar fan as big as I am, this is one movie I absolutely cannot miss, and will definitely be camping out for. Expect to see my friend Eric Or and I waiting in line for the midnight release at Eastridge mall, all while reciting lines from the series, especially from "The Ember Island Players". "It's about your hair...IT'S GONE TOO FAR!!!"

Although I've only got two things planned as of right now, there are so many things that I truly can't wait to do this summer. Among those things: buying a new car, building my new PC, getting my wisdom teeth pulled (all four, ouch!), watching more World Cup soccer, late-night trips to In-n-Out, eating tons of yogurt, splurging on new clothes and kicks, seeing some progress on this new pair of denim I've just started, registering for college classes, finally getting a job, going hiking, a much-needed and well-deserved trip to the beach, and quite simply, just buggin' out and having an amazing time with my friends and family. Anyone else down? Let's do something.



And before I go: Happy summer solstice and first day of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment