Thursday, April 16, 2009

Love Is You

Care to join me?
^Would you care to join me for a glass of milk?


It looks like I wasn't the only one who found a reason to shed some today. I'm still wide awake after what seemed to be the longest day ever, and a pretty funny evening despite a slow beginning.

Spring break has slowly been whittling down at my mind as well as my body, transforming me into a chunk of flesh with mush for brains, but somehow I've still found inspiration in these meager everyday things. Perhaps my outlook on life has changed within the past few months, or maybe things are still just as they've always been, but whatever it is, it's different. And I like it.

I ran late today; 11:34 A.M., not good. I woke up to a text message and defiantly threw the sheets back over my head after typing out a response. Mom is running late, and the peace isn't interrupted until nearly half past noon, although with the disruption came a plate of delicacies. She left half an hour later, and I let my subconsciousness take over. I logged on and was greeted by an old friend, although the server seemed to have failed again because most of my messages weren't getting through. Still, it was nice to know that I'm remembered, even though it's been over half a year since I quit. Sorry for not replying, and I hope the rest of the MG/RH team is doing well. It's been awhile, and I haven't really gotten a chance to catch up, especially with HK and Jaa, who I always love talking to. I'll shoot him a text when I wake up later to see how he's been.

My self-motivation dried up a bit today, and I didn't seem to regain it until late in the afternoon. My voice rang throughout the hallway and the usual chords lightly weighted the air, and for the brief time during which I was able to let my soul out, nothing else seemed to have mattered. The door opened and in comes reality.

We're out of milk, again, so mom and I went to Target, where I bought a package of Chips Ahoy chewy chocolate chip cookies. "Make sure you keep exercising every day!" Thanks mom, I will. I hopped on the familiar machine today for the first time this week and found that my physical condition hasn't deteriorated that much, although I think watching last week's episode of Heroes may have been a mistake, at least at that hour of the night. Still, it was rather intense, and had me holding on to my stuffed monkey until the end, dripping with sweat.

Out of the shower I step and for some reason, the still night air seemed to rejuvenate my mind, for I felt more awake than I did all day and as witty as ever. A couple of hours pass and the jokes keep rolling. At least I had something to take my mind off the stresses and worries of my world.

It's late, and I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow. Another day of wondering; at least this time I'll be able to get some air and do my thinking in the presence of complete strangers. This really is a beautiful song though, and I'm glad to have come across it.





P.S. I still don't feel good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment