Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Know Your Roots.

Know Your Roots.
They say that an identity is the most valuable thing a person can possess, and for the longest time, it seemed as though I had lost mine.

But it would appear that I have recently come to my senses, because things are clearer now than ever. The picture above is a representation of everything that I stand for, but more importantly, of everything that
stands for me. These are the objects which, as meaningless as they may appear to a stranger, help guide me through my day-to-day life. Pages of sheet music, my black book of rhymes, a couple of letters, and my copy of Ellison's Invisible Man are just a few of the things which continually give me the hope and strength to carry on in my time of need; they have not failed me thus far, and I pray that they will continue to serve me well for many years to come. Through these ordinary objects, I have re-discovered myself, and for the first time in a long time, I know who I am.

Simply put, I would rather be an unknown somebody than a famous nobody.





*Junior Prom update, as soon as I can find some pictures!

2 comments: