Wednesday, April 8, 2009

sacapuntas.

Gone.
^Something's missing. Come to think of it, something's always missing.

So for the past five days or so, there's been a lot of construction work going on in my house. My parents' room is finally finished and now sports a beautiful cherry hardwood floor along with a vibrant shade of plum coating the walls of the main room and a calming sage green for the bathroom. I came home yesterday to find all of the doorknobs gone and the doors being re-painted, which is really mind-boggling. They're white, why do they need to be repainted?! I have to admit that they are shinier now, though. Dad went around installing new doorknobs earlier tonight, but unfortunately he didn't have a chance to get to my room yet. Looks like I'll have to deal with little girls staring at me through the peephole for another night.

I was late for first period this morning, but only by a couple of minutes. I ended up sleeping throughout second period today and most of third, but somehow managed to stay awake during chemistry while listening to my teacher talk about cloning dinosaurs and Michael Crichton books. Spanish flew by much quicker than usual, despite the fact that I only got about three of the translations correct on the whiteboard. Perhaps it was because I was waiting for something throughout the whole period; the ironic thing is as soon as I stepped out of class, I realized that I had it all this time!

School let out and I chilled for awhile with the usuals. Good laughs as always; Jufran and Billy Mays? Yes please! The guys left around 3, and I kept myself company for about half an hour until dad picked me up and took me to my dentist appointment. I slept the whole way there and most of the way back, and by that time my stomach was growling. 2-week old pizza doesn't sound too appetizing, but it was all that was left after I finished the rest of the grilled squid, so I settled for what I had. Mom came home soon after and stir-fried a batch of noodles. Thanks mom!

We headed to Target a little later, and again, I slept in the car, both ways. It's surprising how long a 5-minute drive can seem when you're sleepy. They ran out of Lactaid, but I picked up some more yogurt and mint milanos while my mom got some cake mix, which she made into cupcakes once we got home. Our cashier was extremely rude (I had never seen her working there before) and it took my mom three swipes of her card in order to finally get the machine working properly, ugh.

Today ended up being a pretty decent day, despite the rain, and the fact that I still have no doorknobs and our house is still a mess, since our living room is filled with stacks and boxes of things that had to be moved out of the other rooms in order to paint them. I guess you can say that my house is both empty and full at the same time, although it always seems to be empty in all the wrong places. I finally found the charger for my video camera (thanks dad!) and managed to get A LOT of sleep and A LOT of texting done today, which is never a bad thing. My bangs are starting to get in the way, but it's not so bad in the morning (I'm still wearing my beloved beanie to sleep every night, it keeps my head warm). It's starting to look a bit like my summer hair from last year again. I'll be moving back into my other room tomorrow, finally. This room gets just a little bit too stuffy during the evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment