Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Nothing But the Best

DAS MAH BRUDDAR!

Das mah bruddarmen da dunkjayz. Da mojo be stron wif dis wun monnn, ya rawka goolah shaka zulu mulu frijole MONNNNNN!

Well, all kidding aside, it should be self-explanatory from this picture that I've been pretty darn skippy for the past couple of days, for more reasons than one. So skippy, in fact, that earlier this evening, I brought an entire box of Honey Bunches of Oats into my room and sat in front of my computer munching away to dry cereal while listening to Z-Trip's "Breakfast Club" a dozen and a half times or so. Hey, why be a regular joe when I can be eggtraordinary?!

For those of you who have stayed faithful to Blogspot, don't fret: I'm not leaving. Although I've been quite active on Tumblr lately, nearly all of my posts there are simply reblogs of media content: videos, images, conversations, etcetera. Many, no, most of the things that I post on Tumblr have no real significance to me, at least not when it comes to matters of the soul, and are posted merely for entertainment, not reflection or enlightenment. Blogspot is still my blog of choice when it comes down to the nitty-gritty, expressing my feelings in one of the best ways that I can: through words.

The past two days have given me a chance to unwind after a rather hectic week, highlighted mainly by the fact that I finally have Formspring Fridays up and running, something that I will go into a bit more detail in a future blog post. Aside from that, I've been hard at work on the keys, touching up the pieces I already know and pushing myself to learn the ones that I have yet to master. One audition down, one to go; expect to see me in a few performances from now until the end of the year.

Perhaps one of the biggest mistakes that I've made is waiting until my Senior year to take my SATs, and Saturday morning was a real eye-opener for me. With the way that my academic studies have been going lately, any and all UCs have been practically eliminated from my post high-school options, and CSUs are hanging on by a thread. At this rate, I may end up attending a community college for two years, as my brother did twelve years prior, and transfer to a CSU or a UC after I meet the requirements. We'll see what happens, but I seriously need to get my butt in gear.

Of course, what better way to release all the stress and worries of school-life than by hitting up a party? Saturday night marked the first time in a long time that I've attended a "party"; call it what you will, but a rose by any other name smells just as sweet. There's your daily dose of Shakespeare! Anyway, needless to say, I had a blast, and any awkard turtles I had when I first arrived quickly swam off. Although I didn't meet everybody, I did have a chance to get to know quite a few new people, and spend some quality time with some old ones. Thanks for a great night everybody! Hope you all enjoyed the thai tea; sorry there was a bit of a shortage (that's Econ vocabulary, I have an exam tomorrow, er, today..), I'll be sure to make some more next time! I'm thinking of throwing a shindig (that's my personal word of choice for an event such as this) in about two weeks, but nothing is concrete yet. More details will arise and the date draws closer!

Why the hell am I still up at 2:18 A.M.? You tell me, although my forgetting to finish my study questions definitely attributed to this unhealthy sleeping pattern. Oh, Oedipus, how I loathe thee. I am done for today. Goodnight everyone!



By the way, I never got a chance to thank you for coming after me when I walked out. I don't know what would have happened if I had left alone, but I'm glad I don't have to think about that now. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment