Sunday, December 6, 2009

Alive

One of my favorite songs, you already know.

I know it's not quite over yet, but I have to say that this weekend is turning out to be a pretty good one, even if it's not all for the right reasons. But hey, when life throws you a bone, who's to complain?

Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday were by far some of the best school days I've had this entire year, despite the fact that I was running on maybe three or four hours of sleep on each of those days. Wednesday was the day that I had been waiting for since I auditioned, and just my luck: I made it into Winterfest. More details on that later, but I also had my piano recital that day. I had my piece down cold, and decided to take a nap, only to wake up an hour before the show started and having to rush my way to school. Still, I finished the night off well, and even though I wasn't completely satisfied with my performance, the crowd sure seemed to have loved it.

Thursday was a somewhat typical day, although I was more talkative in most of my class than I normally am and also began to make some new friends. A Winterfest meeting was held at lunch, but nothing important was really discussed besides rehearsal. Friday was the day, and in lieu of sitting through 50 minutes of staring at a book of Brahm's works, I decided to head home at lunch and catch up on sleep before the night began. Sadly, I ended up distraced by Pirates of the Caribbean and Formspring Friday #5, and actually managed to get very little sleep at all.

Friday night was definitely one to remember. It was my first time at another school's dance, and I'd be lying through my teeth if I said that I wasn't the least bit nervous, but I soon forgot all about it. I had a couple of miscues throughout the night; I made a lot of trips to the bathroom, stepped on a lot of toes, and to be honest, I wasn't really happy with how I looked in the couples picture, although I didn't get a good look at it and I'll have to see the actual copy until I pass judgment. Still it was a new experience for me, and afterwards we unwinded with something that everybody is familiar with: Wingstop. I also learned that I'm the only one who likes original hot. Boo-urns. Oh well, more for me!

Saturday was perhaps one of the most productive Saturdays I've had in awhile. What I had expected to be a failure of a piano lesson turned out to be my most productive one yet as we spent nearly an hour working on my medley for Winterfest. I headed to Great Mall later in the evening, and while my parents were visiting my grandma (who lives in Milpitas), I was able to catch up with some friends that I haven't really talked to in awhile, some of which I bumped into unexpectedly. I ended up buying nothing, but I learned that coconut caramel smoothies are pretty damn delicious, and that I get a discount despite only having known the employees for about half an hour. Good stuff, good stuff!

I'm pretty pooped right now, and hopefully Sunday will be my lazy day to just unwind and relax. Anyways, thanks for Friday night! And for taking me to my first, but hopefully not my last, dance at another school. I hope you had fun, and sorry that you didn't win, but it's okay: you're still a queen to me and you are definitely more deserving of that title than any other girl on the dance floor that night in my eyes, even long after we arrived at home, sweat pants, hair tied, chillin' with no makeup on. Hope you're sleeping well right now in your small ass bed that you can roll over thrice times on before you fall off, and don't let the bedbugs facepalm!

No comments:

Post a Comment