Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Decembrrrr

Oy vey! I know this is late again, as are all of my other congratulatory exclamations, but happy Decembrrritscold to everybody! Or, as my Facebook would say, as I have it set to Pirate English: DecembARRRR! Get it? Get it?! Okay, no, you don't get it...

Anyways, apologies for the picture-less post again. I really haven't been doing too much photography work lately as I've been really busy with some other stuff. I did shoot some nice stuff over the Thanksgiving break (mostly Turkey, of course), but I have yet to upload the pictures, so that'll have to wait. But for now, let's talk, shall we?

I don't consider myself a superstitious person by any means, but before the day started on Tuesday, I told myself that I would start December off right and end the year on a good note. Taking that into consideration, I'm hoping that the rest of this month will be much more exiciting than the first day, because that was a snoozer, literally.

Being the sleep-deprived individual as I am led me to fall asleep in half of my classes today. The worst of it probably came during third period, which is my psychology class. We've been discussing altered states of conciousness lately, and today we were each given a unique glass marble to observe. We started off with a few breathing exercises, and then focused on solely the marble; not only on what it is, but what it embodies. After that, we were told to close our eyes and meditate as our teacher verbally placed images of soothing shorelines and cooling wings in our minds. Well, as you've probably guessed by now, my "meditation" time quickly turned into nap time, and I was woken up at the end of the period by the sound of my teacher's voice saying "Oh, looks like Mikey's gone, too!" I jerked awake and mumbled a "huh?", to which she replied "Oh hey, I guess he's still a little bit awake." I shut my eyes again and drifted back to sleep. Sorry Ms. Williams!

Luckily for me, I was able to secure time for a two-hour nap this evening, something which I didn't have the luxury of enjoying yesterday. There are a lot of big events coming up soon which I'm really looking forward to. I have a piano recital later this evening at 6:45, which should be a piece of cake, but nonetheless, it's something to prepare for. Also, the list of performers for WINTERFEST will be posted up at school today, and I'm quite anxious to find out whether or not I made it in. Connie, Bianca, and Anthony all made comments and asked me questions about Winterfest today, which only made me more anxious, but I'm hopeful. Winter Wonderland is on Friday after school, but I don't think I'll be going. I recall I stopped by last year for about half an hour (I was wearing a maroon Heritage windbreaker, a white t-shirt, Levi 514s, and all white Nike Legends; don't ask how I remember!), and it definitely wasn't worth the time nor the money, not to mention that Milpitas High School's Winter Ball is also on the same date, so of course, I'll want to be as rested as I can for that and ready to rock with you, alllll nightttttt.

And ah, of course, Formspring Fridays! I haven't really promoted this through my Blogspot, mainly because I know hardly anybody ever checks it anymore, and Tumblr is a much more effective method of communication as far as blogging goes. Still, all of my deepest thoughts and feelings are captured through Blogspot, and I definitely will continue to blog here about the significant things in my life. Moving on, Formspring Friday is a a little program I have where I answer your submitted questions in weekly installments of video blogs on Youtube. I feel that this gives both my friends and my fans and supporters on Youtube an opportunity to get to know me better and ask me things that they may not have the courage to ask me in person. In essence, this is my way of connecting with you, the viewer, in a form other than my music.

Well, the bad news about that is that I haven't been getting that many good questions lately. Now, please understand that I do appreciate everybody who supports my Youtube channel and what I do, and I enjoy answering questions, but when people start to submit questions such as "Hey, can you give me a shoutout? Thanks" or "WHAT DO YOU DO WITH THEM BAD BOYS?", it really starts to get on my nerves. Please remember that Youtube only allows me 10 minutes per video, and I would rather not have to edit out your question because you wasted my time.

On the contrary, I do get some excellent questions, such as inquiries regarding what my childhood was like or how long I have been into music and what I hope to achieve and accomplish by pursuing and developing my musical passion. Now those are the kinds of questions that I find interesting and absolutely love to answer.

So there you have it! For anybody reading this, please feel free to submit a question to my Formspring, which I shall link you to at the bottom of this blog post, and also feel free to check out my videos on Youtube if you haven't already, and which I will also provide a link to. Remember! Ask me something deep and insightful, and your answer will be deep and insightful in return. However, if you really want a shoutout, please just contact me through AIM, Youtube, email, or even leave a comment on my Blogspot. I would really prefer that you not submit a Formspring question just for that. But yeah, keep 'em coming guys!

As of now, it's 2:36 A.M., and I really need to be getting some shut-eye. Apologies for the long post, although this is rather short by my standards, but I suppose I only feel that way due to my avid love for reading and writing. Until the next time, take it easy guys. Deuces!


FORMSPRING: http://www.formspring.com/forms/?739017-6thUYlGy1B

YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/mkyEND

1 comment: