Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Capitol & Vistapark II

She woke me up daily, don't need no Starbucks.
tumblr_kwph1rYjq11qzl7pko1_500
Anyone who's been keeping up with my (not-so) lovely Blogspot over the course of the past few months would know that I can take forever and a day between updating it, so you'll have to excuse me - or rather, join me - as I take a journey of the mind back to a time and place where things where much more lively than they've been lately.

Friday the 19th was a day filled with many shortcomings, to say the very least. Thankfully, it had its fair share of pleasantries, which was more than enough to tip the scale in favor of me being able to say that all in all, it was a pretty great day. I had planned to wake up well-rested that morning, but since when does that ever happen anymore? I drowsily sifted myself through my classes, and by the time 6th period had ended, I was nothing more than a shell of a man. Luckily for my body, my audition for one of the upcoming benefit concerts was postponed, although I can't say that I was entirely pleased with that, as I had spent the entire day before working on a piece that I was intent on perfecting.

I arrived home rather early that afternoon to find that the house with filled with both family and food, and after taking in a little bit of both, I lay down on my beloved brown couch and feasted my eyes upon episode after episode of Avatar until they finally drew to a close. I awoke hours later to find that the kitchen was as bustling as ever, and I'd like to take this time now to say a small prayer and thank God for the lovely steak dinner we enjoyed that night, as it truly was exquisite.

Soon after dinner had ended, I had expressed both my sleepiness and my craving for Starbucks to the rest of the family, and shortly after we all hopped in the car (save for mom and Archie) to head out to the local spot to fulfill our needs. As we were getting in, my dad handed me the keys and told me that I would be driving that night. Sweet! Once at Starbucks, we were temporarily held up by a family of what looked to be around six or seven children returning from a martial arts competition. My dad and my sister's boyfriend whipped out their phones and decided to play Sudoku while we waited. After about fifteen minutes or so, our drinks were served at last (including my green tea frappuccino), and we hopped back into the Rav4.

My dad and I must have been on the same page that night somehow; I wanted to continue driving, and my dad had an errand to run, so that's exactly what we did. We cruised for a good twenty minutes or so, passing the all-too-familiar intersection Capitol & Vistapark as we searched for the house of one of his friends that he needed to drop something off at. Once we found it, my dad ran in, telling us he'd take only five minutes, but you know how it is with Asian parents; we ended up waiting for about ten, during which I conversed with my sister and her boyfriend about Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, and autotune.

We finally headed home a bit later, and after a long night of Capitol cruisin', I flopped on the couch as soon as I stepped into my house. The rest of my night was spent eating hot cheetos, sippin' on my drink, making fun of movie titles with my family, and eating fried rice at one in the morning. Before I knew it, I had knocked out on my very own bed.

Sibling visits are never long enough for me, and I awoke the next morning to see a faceful of Archie and my sister and her boyfriend ready to walk out the door as they told my mom not to disturb me, because heavens know that I was fast asleep before I was interrupted. "See you all in June" was the last thing I heard right before I fell back asleep, but it was good enough for me. June is one thing that I absolutely cannot wait for.


Goodnight, goodmornng.

No comments:

Post a Comment