Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring Cleaning

Rick Ross remixes are bo$$.
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kzwkfe9RA11qzcemao1_500.jpg
This is where I'll be in about two days' time. Honestly, I would love to be there all the time, but that's just not happening anytime soon. In the meanwhile, though, here's a little recap.

Spring break is almost upon us, and the entire week of school has been insanely chill thus far; the fact that there are only four days of classes this week along with a week-long break looming above means that high spirits and positive vibes are in abundance, and boy, am I thankful for that. My father snagged my progress report (my grades, by the way, is abysmal) last Saturday as I was at my piano lesson, and from the moment I saw that dreaded paper unfolded atop the kitchen counter, I was expecting my day, perhaps even my weekend go down the drain. Fortunately, it didn't; not only did my parents not mention it at all to me, but they've actually seemed more cheerful than ever lately. In fact, that paper is still sitting atop the counter as I type...maybe I should pick it up and stow it away somewhere.

The reason I choose not to, however, is that I'd like to keep it in plain sight for as long as I can to serve as a reminder of what needs to be done and what is expected of me. Some may argue that because I'm in my senior year, I should be entitled to a bit of slacking off. I, on the other hand, fully acknowledge the fact that I've done much more slacking off in the past three years of high school alone than any kid should ever be capable of, and although most would be perfectly content with grades such as mine, I know that I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I leave high school knowing that I rolled over and called it quits. To some, it might seem as if I'm making things harder for myself, but anyone who knows me well enough knows that I enjoy a good challenge.

Socially, life has been surprisingly satisfying lately. I'll spare the details for now. In fact, I think I'll call it a night. Heavens know that I need the sleep, but balancing my bodily needs with my psychological and emotional excitation can be tricky at times. I've got a lot planned for April: new covers, new shots, a whole slew of updates regarding my recent (and planned upcoming) whereabouts, and even a new pickup. Stay tuned; it's starting to feel a lot like last summer again.

No comments:

Post a Comment