Monday, March 8, 2010

The Krusty Krab Pizza

"AND MY FEET ARE KILLING ME."

No explanation needed on the picture, right? Chances are, if you're close enough to me to be keeping up with my Blogspot, then you already know all about my love for Squidward Tentacles, one of the best cartoon characters ever conceived in the history of man(squid)kind.

Unfortunately, this squid is still a tad bit under the weather, but that doesn't mean that he has to put his entire life on hold simply for the sake of good health; on the contrary, the past two weekends have been nothing short of exhilarating. The weekend before last was one filled with new experiences with familiar faces: Danielle and I accompanied Kelli and Marvin to church the other Friday night as guests to their Evangelical Mission, and although Marv felt compelled to congratulate me for actually staying awake throughout the entire service, I do have to admit that it was refreshing to be able to look at life from an entirely fresh perspective. The following night was no less exciting, and many good laughs were had in the company of Thomas and Andrew at Noche de Fama; later that night, Luan and the usuals swung by the house for a game or two of poker, and I, being the glutton that I am, could not resist the urge to devour a #10 meal at Wendy's along with a third of a leftover Spicy Tuna Roll. The food wouldn't stop coming there, though, oh no: most of my Sunday was spent with two of my cousins, enjoying ourselves (at long last) at Boiling Crab for a good two hours or so.

But with the love of all things edible also comes a terrible price to pay. I'm still not sure if it was indigestion, excessive amounts of spice, or perhaps just overeating, but I paid the ultimate price for stuffing my face full that weekend when I came down with a severe cold last Tuesday which caused me to miss two entire days of school. To this day, my stomach is still not at ease. Like I said, you know you're really sick when you're still shitting out last week's dinner. However, I certainly couldn't allow a small, trivial thing such as a meager cold (coupled with a newborn ear infection a few days later) stop me from attending Fantastics, could I? After all, it is my last year in high school, and this was one show that I could not afford to miss. I am a bit ashamed to admit that this year simply didn't have the allure and appeal of last year's show, for more reasons than one, but nonetheless, I'm extremely proud of the Seniors for taking it home, one last time; and, of course, many kudos to all of the other classes, as well. Saturday night was a cause for celebration as my spirit was so uplifted that my illness seemed to have temporarily lifted along with it, and I indulged myself with a meal from Jack in the Box, something that I have been longing for for a very long time.

As with any natural high, a descent must also take place, so my Sunday was spent lounging on my couch, laptop in hand, watching Spider Man 3 on my father's glorious new television set as my parents partied it up with their friends, about 50 miles away. Today was less relaxing, my state of trance being broken by a trip to the doctor's office and the usual pressures that school brings. And thus, sleep is calling me once again. Prayers once more for a swift and successful recovery for this squid, because I simply can't wait until I feel whole again.

Goodnight&sweetdreems.

No comments:

Post a Comment