Monday, March 29, 2010

"She woke me up daily, don't need no Starbucks."

As terrible as this line is, my man Ludacris knows what’s up. I’ve been sleepier than ever lately, relying on caffeine to keep me alert and awake, but I must admit I still do miss those days when not even a double-shot expresso frappuccino from Starbucks could have woken me up the way she did; all it took was one look, one smile, one word to wake me up and put a smile on the face, regardless of what time of day it was. Back then, “good morning” was one phrase that I could have said and actually have meant it. These days, my mornings are dull and my nights are long, with nothing to smile about except these delicious double chocolate chip muffins from Costco that I enjoy every morning. I think to myself, “maybe one day I’ll be able to feel the way that I once did, some day soon.” I don’t want to get my hopes up, though, so for now, muffins > love. Goodnight, followers.

Note to self: I’m running out of muffins, get some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment