Friday, March 19, 2010

Tiffany Thursday

Here they are, in all their glory.
_DSC1859
What you see above you is my (very beaten and battered) pair of Tiffany Dunk SBs. Although they've only been in my possession for the past six months or so, they're easily one of my favorite pair of shoes. However, the time has come for me to let these pass on to a new proud owner, so I broke these bad boys out of the faded pink box on Thursday morning one last time before they're packed up and shipped away.

My buddy Ervin and I finally matched shoes for the first time ever since these Tiffanys found their way into my hands. Perhaps it is somewhat appropriate that I drew more attention on this day than I had ever garnered in the past half a year of sporting these babies on my feet. I'm certainly going to miss these very, very much, but not as much as I miss many other things. One thing that comes to mind at this exact moment is sleep: it is 2:10 A.M., with a little over five hours remaining until the day begins anew, and yet I'm still here, typing up this post.

To the unfamiliar eye, it may appear as if my passion and drive for education and the development of my mind has come to a sputtering drag, if not a complete halt, but rest assured that the fire still burns as brightly as ever. However, my physiology is without a doubt beginning to interfere with my growth, as I find myself dozing off and catching Zs in class with increasing frequency as the year goes on.

It's usually not until third period (at the very least) that my mind and eyes begin to widen as I take in my surroundings and cherish the company around me. Third period is as lively as ever with Kelli and Danielle to keep me company; on the other side of break, fourth period has now become one of my favorite classes after I was somehow transformed into a paragon of social activity after my couple of days off school a few weeks ago. Between the small band of friends that I find myself surrounded by on a daily basis, I've found a bit of laughter in everything, from weird noises to random blurts of false information to careless lapses in judgment that can only be blamed on the entire left side of the room's excitement over the rumor that Panda Express now serves walnut shrimp.

Although my Thursday felt very much like a Friday, today will be the day that my life really picks up, for sure. About an hour ago, my sister rang on our doorbell, along with her boyfriend and her dog. After a light snack and family bonding, we're finally off to our separate corners of the house now, readying ourselves to sleep. It feels so nice and comforting to finally be with my family again; well, we're missing two people. You can call us a family and a half! Dogs count too, right?

On top of it all, I have an audition this afternoon for an upcoming benefit concert which I hope to be performing at, and I really have no idea how this will all turn out. For now, though, the thought of my bed and warm sheets tantalizes my mind into submission, and I hope that my mind shall be lulled to sleep tonight by sweet dreams and even sweater achievements. Goodnight, world!

No comments:

Post a Comment