Monday, September 6, 2010

Gate 101.

Another smooth track by my man Jeff Bernat.

Lately I've been thinking a lot about chances, or fate, as some people call it. I don't think that most people realize how much potential there is, all around us, in so many different forms, shapes, and sizes. Many of us are too busy or perhaps just too damn oblivious to see this. Have you ever sat down and wondered to yourself, "What if I had talked to her instead?", or "How would things be today if I had given this person a chance, rather than that one?". It's these little questions that bug me the most, knowing that whatever has happened is all in the past now, and there's no rewinding of the clock. No do-overs, no second chances, just time lost.

Jeff's song is so incredibly simple in both structure and content, but it's something that I go through almost every day, each and every single time that I go out, whether it's a quick stop at Starbucks or spending an entire day catching up with an old friend. Everywhere I turn, I see possibilities all around me, more and more opportunities to expand my horizons. Yet for somebody so easily captivated, I unfortunately happen to also be just a bit too decisive, and before I know it, I'm a man on a mission again. I know what I want. I'm looking right at you, but you're not looking back. So now what?



In a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment