Monday, September 13, 2010

Opportunities Abound.

Picture of the day right here. +1 for using the G1 versions!
tumblr_l8dqk1vYre1qz4d4bo1_500
And so, the opening weekend of the 2010-2011 NFL season has finally come to a close! The first week of games is always wacky, and this year was no exception. What happened, Colts?! Although there were some blunders and mishaps during yesterday's game, my beloved Packers came out with the W over the Eagles yesterday and are off to a 1-0 start. There won't be much time for celebrating, though, because there's still tons of work to be done, but I've got a good feeling about this season. There's a reason why everyone is placing the Packers atop their list of Super Bowl-bound teams, and excitement is definitely in the air. I can't help but smile as I think about the next sixteen (and hopefully more!) Sundays of nothing but football. GO PACK GO!

All this optimism may be getting to my head, though. I decided to take Quiatchon's advice and just go for it, breaking any personal rules and boundaries that I may have had before in hopes of finding something worthwhile. I took a gamble again last week and came out empty-handed, and although I've pretty much let it go at this point, a small part of me tells me that I'm giving up way too early. How much longer can I go on without making any process before this becomes nothing more than just energy invested in someone I saw potential in?

Last but not least, I woke up to a couple of texts today that definitely gave my spirits a much-needed lift, and although our plans didn't go through, I had a lovely day nonetheless. Thanks for the reminder that I don't need another July, and that I certainly don't need a repeat of what happened between * and I. I love y'all, hope you guys know that.

It's my last week of "summer" before school starts again, and I intend to enjoy every damn second of it. Looks like we're getting a bit of sweater weather, too! I can't wait until it's "Starbucks Season" again. More on that later; for now, it's back to working out.





In a few...or now, if you want. Up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment