Friday, September 10, 2010

take a guess

Don't you hate it when something's slipped your mind and you know that you have it somewhere in there, but you just can't remember?

Not that it's happening to me right now or anything (I think), but I was watching Camp Rock 2 earlier (I'm late, I know), which made me think about High School Musical, which made me reminisce about the last week of school before summer vacation started. All the seniors took their finals a week earlier than everybody else and didn't have to go to school during the final week, but I had to go back anyway to turn in some book fines, so I decided to drop in on my third period psychology class after I took care of my business. My teacher was like, "Hey, what are you doing here! No seniors allowed!", hahah.

Anyway, Kelli and I somehow ended up talking about High School Musical and for some damn reason we just couldn't remember the name of Corbin Bleu's character! I knew it was "Chad", but as much as we strained our brains, we simply just couldn't remember what his last name was. I even thought that it was "Black" for awhile, because of, well, obvious reasons. I'm stupid. But hey, "Chad Black" sounds like a pretty legit name, right?!

Our conversation started in the classroom (well, we were actually in the library that day) and went on well into lunchtime. So, after about half an hour of having to live with the excruciating pain of not knowing Chad's last name and asking over a dozen or so people if they knew, I decided to give up on it and go home. And at that very moment, RIGHT when I said bye to everyone and was about to give Kelli a hug, it popped into my head. "I GOT IT!!! IT'S DANFORTH!!!". Everybody looked at me as if I were mental, but man, I was pretty stoked that I finally remembered! We all burst into uncontrollable laughter at how it took us almost three-quarters of an hour just to remember a stupid last name.

Man, I'm so forgetful at times. I actually consider myself to have very good memory, especially when it comes to peoples' names, but there are also times when I have a brain fart for no apparent reason, which is so incredibly frustrating, but also very exhilarating and relieving once I finally remember what I needed to. I think that I think too much. Little passing thoughts always occupy my brain, random blurbs and musings about the most irrelevant things, like avocados, or guitars, or why my refrigerator calls them "ice cubes" when they come out looking more like ice wedges. I decided to delete my Twitter account a few months ago because I thought it was distracting, but look at me now! And it's not as if there's someone I could tell all this random stuff to, now, is there? Hahah, gg.


Oh look, an invitation for my little cousin's third birthday came in the mail just now. Looks like I'll be in Socal again from September 24th - 27th!

No comments:

Post a Comment