Friday, September 24, 2010

oi lienda,

bella che fas?

Even I think that it's a little odd for me to be listening to this quintessential summer jam right at this very moment, a little more than a day after the official start of autumn with the chill of night creeping through my bedroom window. I hear tomorrow will be somewhat of a scorcher, though, so perhaps this is just a sign of things to come. Summer may be gone, but its aura lingers on. Come to think of it, this is perhaps one of the smoothest seasonal transitions I've ever experienced.

I'm a mess, I'm a wreck, and while I realize that I used to say that phrase quite often, this is actually the first time in a long time that something has hit me this hard. I never thought you'd be ingrained in my system so quickly, yet surely enough, you're there. You're there, and you're not there, and what eats away at me the most is knowing that you're too busy for me, anyway. You've got your own things to take care of, and that's fine. So do I. I was hoping that perhaps you'd give me a little bit of your time as I have done so for you, but I guess not. Oh well. In a week or so, I'll probably have forgotten all about you, anyway. Just energy invested in someone I saw potential in.

My first week of college life has been exceptionally fantastic. I love walking onto campus and seeing a familiar face or two on the way out. Sometimes I wish I could stick around and chat for a bit, but I've got class to go to, and I'm sure they've got places to be, as well. It's the little things, though, that puts me at ease and lifts my spirits. Every bit counts.

Anyway, its way past my bedtime, hahaha. Goodnight folks. Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment