Saturday, August 13, 2011

master-craft

Leaving for SoCal in less than three hours and I haven't packed yet. Well, no point in sleeping now, is there?

I spent the past hour or two talking to my friend Paul, mostly about gaming. I guess you can say that I'm kind of in a slump, mostly because I have no one to play with anymore. All of my old WoW guildmates quit - Dave, Eugene, Dom, Jarrod, all of them. Lately I've been playing a lot of Starcraft II, but just the campaign, but soon I'll be done with that and I'll have to decide whether or not I want to get into competitive play, which scares me to no end since I've never played an RTS competitively before. I haven't played BC2 seriously in probably over a month now, and I'm rusty as hell, although its still fun once in awhile, even if I'm just playing with randoms.

I did feel a little bit better when I hopped on WoW earlier to find someone to do 2s with just to cap points for the week before I leave to SoCal. I ended up partnering with a rogue, and then after about ten games or so he switched to his holy paladin. Overall, not a bad night; got our rating up to 1380-something, almost 1400. The best thing that came out of this, though, was that he told me that he's been playing the game since day 1, and that I'm one of the best warriors he's ever played with. What do you know - I guess I still have it in me, after all.

Something about making the leap from casual play to competitive play is seriously terrifying to me...probably because I always feel as if I'll be inadequate, especially being in the best PvP battlegroup in the world and having so much competition against so many great players, many of whom are sponsored and play at the pro level. Then again, I'll never know how good I can be at this game until I try. I think I'll find myself a PvP guild as soon as I return from my trip and really get down to business and see how high of a rating I can push.


Until then, gaming will be the last thing on my mind, because in a couple of hours, I'll be saying goodbye to good ol' San Jose and giving a great, warm "HELLOOOOOO" to sunny Southern California <3.

No comments:

Post a Comment