Monday, March 30, 2009

Gotcha.


^So, I have a pretty big head, not to mention my hairline was off and I was breaking out. I really like that jacket, though.


It looks like I'm back to old habits again. I was hoping for a more eventful weekend, but this will do for now. After school let out on Friday, I walked to Jamba Juice with the boys for the first time in awhile and headed over to Target where my sister picked me up. Most of my afternoon was spent cleaning up my room so my sister could sleep in it later that night; I made a pretty big mess in the process of making my "project". Took a quick nap and headed over to MHS for Trojan Olympics. We almost didn't get in due to tickets being sold out, but luck must have been on my side, because I didn't stay outside for long. TO was amazing, and those Milpitas kids are really something else. So spirited! After it ended, we had a small SC/MHS group going for awhile until most of the Creekheads took off, making it just Pat and I. Headed over to Starbucks and then to Wingstop. I managed to hitch a ride home, thank you again Mrs. Agustin!

My entire family was still awake at the time, so I introduced my Junior Prom date to my them. Usually my parents don't approve of my friends of the fairer sex, but for once in my life I actually brought home somebody they liked. Schweet. After talking about which fast food joint's double cheeseburger was the best tasting one with my sister and her boyfriend, I washed up and got ready for bed. Unfortunately for me, my sister crashed before I did, and took my main bedroom, so I was stuck in the second room where I had no pillows at all, and was forced to use what I could find. Luckily I had my jacket and my Obey shirt, so I folded those up, and threw on my beloved off-white beanie, which has somehow survived not one but two snowboarding trips. Not exactly the best pillow in the world, but it was all I had. Something about that beanie stuck to me, because I've been wearing it for the past two days now.

The next two days proved to be a major drag, but at least some good food came out of it. My sister's boyfriend's parents paid us a visit on Saturday, and we had a nice backyard barbeque. You know spring's here when your nose gets trigger-happy. Sister let me drive myself to my piano lesson, and mom drove me home. Two hours later, it was just my parents and I occupying the house again, so as usual, they called my aunt and uncle over. Typical Saturday night. Sunday was even worse. My dad was working late and my mom took the car to a party in Danville. So what does a kid like me do when he's at home with no car and no plans? Sit around eating leftover steak and watching The Military Channel. Actually, it's quite fascinating. Did you know that the AH-64D Apache Longbow is the most advanced attack helicopter in the world?

If there's one positive thing that came out of this weekend, it was my roots. I've always considered myself an unartistic person, but lately I've begun to realize that maybe there's more creativity in me than I think. It would seem that I have a good ear for music and a knack for writing, because those are the only two artforms which I've worked in thus far. My interest in piano has been rekindled (my note/chord/interval perception is nearly impeccable now). I've been working on a few classical pieces as of late, but there are some modern tunes which I've been learning as well. As far as writing goes, my little black notebook is still turned to the same page it's been at for the past months, but verbally, that's another story. Freestyling has become an outlet for me to truly capture my emotions in the very moment which I feel them, and my instincts tell me to keep at it. Expect a new video on Youtube by the end of April - you won't be disappointed.

I'd love to stay and chat a bit more, but sleep is all that's left on my brain. See you soon.







By the way, you looked really pretty.

1 comment:

  1. dear mikey!

    hehe, you had MY KEYS, get it. HA! so, i'm basically holding onto you everyday since i'm always holding MY KEY.

    anyways, wooo! your parents like me, yaaaay!I'M HELLA EXCITED FOR SATURDAY. i have work before that, but i'll be fine, trust me. :D

    ta'u mihira'a, i havent talked to you in hella long. i have so much to tell you about my work!

    ReplyDelete