Saturday, July 18, 2009

Fire Burnin'

It's been so hot lately!
_DSC1387
So I finally got paid for my services last week. "Wanna see me turn that $50 bill into a $1 bill?!" Haha, thanks and no thanks, dad! This week was insanely chill, save for the heat, which had me sweating almost like a pig. Thank goodness for air conditioning, huh? My room is always the hottest room in the house because I have my computer on, but it's also the cleanest, since I spent about two hours on Thursday night reorganizing and vacuuming. Well, enough about my room, here's my week!

My dad received a call from an old buddy of his on Monday morning, and along with it came an invitation for dinner. Coincidentally, I also used to be best friends with his daughters, whom I haven't seen in about five years. Talk about awkward! We arrived at their house around 6 and I was greeted by several familiar faces. After about half an hour of hanging out and getting reacquainted (a.k.a. playing Rock Band), we headed into the kitchen to eat. Now, the best part about it? My dad's buddy used to own a restaurant, so you know there's some good stuff coming out of that kitchen! We finished eating and I went with the girls and their friends over to Barcode where we got crepes, and I got thai tea. Headed back home at around 10:30 P.M., it was nice seeing everyone again and thanks for the food!

Tuesday started like any other day, but by 6P.M. I was in panic mode, because Bryan had called me up and asked if I wanted to catch the midnight permiere of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. My Potter days are long gone, but hey, why not? It took about an hour to persuade my parents to drive us there and back, but it was worth it. I believe I already blogged about this in my previous post, so I'll shut up now. Thanks again mom and dad, and Bryan, I'm kicking your ass in fantasy football!

Wednesday? Strictly chill. I'm sure I did something else, but I can't quite remember. I do remember participating in a mock fantasy football draft with Bryan, though. I wish I had gotten that team instead, my real team is 'meh' at best. Thursday was workout day and, like I said above, cleaning day. OH, and I remember now, I went out for a drive on Wednesday night, another hour of cruising capital, at night this time. Only two more weeks until I'm able to get my license, sweet.

Friday might as well be called fat-day, because all I seemed to do was eat. Went to Kat's house at around 1 and we chilled for a bit, then decided to walk to In-n-Out, where I indulged in a double double and fries, animal style of course, and also some Dr. Pepper, which I don't get a chance to drink anywhere else besides In-n-Out. On the way back, three of my friends drove past us. Not having a license sucks. Later on that night, I was blessed with a midnight visit and a ten-piece order of crispy chicken nuggets from Wendy's, and a large drink. There goes the three and a half miles I ran!

I awoke today to a couple of text messages and a missed call. Sorry bro! I couldn't have gone today, anyways. Got my lazy butt out of bed at around 1 P.M., and after I got washed up, mom & I decided to head to Costco. Why? Just for fun, although we are out of muffins again, and we needed more watermelon. Finally got that man-sized hot dog I've been craving for, and spent the ride home eating it, because we were gridlocked in traffic. Today was also my last piano lesson until September, but luckily for me, I've found a new song to keep me company for a month and a half, and this one is probably the hardest one yet. Sweet!

The parentals threw another bash today. Apparrently, normal karaoke parties don't quite cut it anymore, and they've resorted to throwing theme parties. Today's theme was Hawaii, which explains the vodka fruit punch (that goes great with chips, by the way). Remind me not to drink any more red wine for awhile though. We're having another big barbecue tomorrow, which means I'm going to be getting even fatter. Thanks for feeding me so much, mom! I really shouldn't complain though. There are kids starving out there, you know!

Overall, this week turned out pretty good, despite the fact that my sleep schedule is now officially screwed up, thanks to staying up with Ms. lip rang over here pretty much every night of the week. It's alright though, I don't mind! Looks like I'm having a pretty good summer so far, yes? SoCal next weekend, I can't wait!

Before I leave, here's a picture of the heaven in a bowl that I was fortunate enough to have the pleasure of eating on Monday and Tuesday.
_DSC1180
Co Nga's delicious hu tieu. I am SO glad my dad is friends with you!

1 comment:

  1. money is always great, its been hot, and food looks good as hell.

    ReplyDelete