Sunday, July 12, 2009

Work, Work.

Meet my dad's 2006 BMW 330i.
_DSC1155
This is what kept me company throughout most of today. Sorry for the rush photography, we were all cleaning and I really didn't have time to sit around and properly set up a shot, but I hope you can see how it clean it is! That's the result of six long hours of detailing, polishing, and waxing, mostly done all by myself. The windows still need to be wiped and the interior vacuumed, but that'll have to wait, because I'm beat and it's late. It was a tiring job, but it all paid off in the end: Dad is paying me for my troubles and also let me drink earlier. Everything is better when you're slightly intoxicated!

Kababayan Fest yesterday was cool, and despite hanging out with people I hadn't originally intended to kick it with, we had a good time nonetheless. I don't really feel compelled to talk about it much, mainly because whatever feelings I had about yesterday were thoroughly captured in the post I made last night, and also because I don't have a drop of Filipino blood in me, hah. Still, it turned out to be a pretty alright day, and I went to bed with a smile on my face.

My mother woke me up around noon today. "Your sister's coming, do you want to go out to eat with us?" WHAT! My sister and her boyfriend had spent the weekend in Napa Valley and decided to drop by to visit us before they left for the LBC again. We went out to eat at Vung Tao, a restaurant I went to many times as a (rather fat) child, but not anytime within recent years. It was a nice surprise; the food was good, the service was pleasant, and I got to see the other branch of the family tree again. Hope you guys had a safe trip home, don't forget about my Blue Lobbys!

Some of the worst singers I have ever heard in person were at my house today as my parents threw another party/bash/jam session while I was diligently working on dad's car. I swear, some people have no musical direction in them whatsoever. It's all good, though, can't really complain about free food and good company. On my break, I chugged down a big plate of food along with a beer and took a leisurely stroll around my backyard. The koi are no longer afraid of me, and the view is looking more and more magnificent each time I reach the top of the waterfall. Soon, it will be mine.

I really have no plans for this week, but I do intend to make some, so let's kick it sometime. It's 12:13 now, I'll catch you on the Lunes.


P.S. I love Cali in the summertime.

No comments:

Post a Comment