Monday, May 17, 2010

May 28th.

I’ve never really understood the point of school dances. Well, sort of. It seems like girls these days will just say yes to anybody who asks them, given that they’re not a creeper or super weird or whatnot. And same goes for the guys, too. See, the thing is, for me…why ask somebody if you’re not at least somewhat interested in them? The whole “going as friends” thing is cool…I guess. But I don’t think you should go with just anybody, and if you plan on skipping out on your date and dancing with random people and friends for the entire time, why even say yes to them at all? I mean, I’m not saying two people have to share feelings for each other or be super lovey-dovey if they go to a dance together, but I’d like to think of dances as ways to spend some time with someone that you have genuine interest in and would love to get to know better, not just something you go to with just whoever so that you could have a good time while you leave your date by themselves. Maybe it’s just me. Maybe I’m just naive. Maybe y’all are right, but we’ll see if I end up going.

-Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment