Sunday, May 23, 2010

Ordinary.

My palm aches. My left palm. There's something off about this weekend. I picked up a penny yesterday - heads up of course - bending low and reaching underneath my car just to get it off the ground. It was blackened and weathered...and one of the most beautiful coins I had seen in a long time. Picking up pennies used to be a routine thing for me, somewhat of a fetish, but lately I've just been walking right past them without a second thought of doubling back to pick it up. As the day went one, my eyelids grew heavier, and before I knew it, thoughts of sleep were all that occupied my mind. Several hours later, here I am, palms still aching and eyes still burning. There's something odd in the air, something interesting. My palm almost never aches, and come to think of it, I can't even recall the last time it's happened, but as naive and irrational as this sounds, I'd like to think that this is all a sign, telling me that something big is coming soon, real soon. Left for love, right for spite, right?


This time we'll take it slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment