Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I Am.

I am...
I am a banana
I am a brilliant procrastinator
I am an artist at work
I am lost in a sea of faces
I am an optimistic realist
I am a rational existentialist
I am a never-ending rhyme
I am an unfinished book
I am a bittersweet ending
I am a haiku with too many syllables
I am a held-in sneeze
I am a sedated dreamer
I am a creator of goals
I am a man of too many words
I am an imperfect son
I am a bringer of joy
I am a bouncing ball
I am a hot air balloon
I almost almost finished with this list
I am Mikey Tran,
and I love you.


Dry your eyes and slow your breath,
because as much as it pains me to be without you,
it kills me even more to see you cry.

Yet there are times in life when things cannot stay locked up,
feelings frenzy and enrage, gripped in a constant battle
against your will and drive to keep them hidden within.

So for now, lower your walls and dismiss your pride
dispel these illusions and end the charades
Let your tears flow, and I will be your shoulder to lean on.

No comments:

Post a Comment