Friday, May 29, 2009

Glazed Upon

Donut Storr, Donut Storr,
the name of the donut store by Springdale Villa
10 P.M. donut holes in a white paper bag

The art of persuasion is difficult to master; perhaps I should join the debate team.

Freud was a total nutcase who was obsessed with all things phallic,
give me one good reason why I should study him.

"What do sunsets remind you of, Squidward?"
"Explosions...I mean erosion."
was his reply.

Frozen yogurt, frozen ice cream, frozen coffee
frozen frozen frozen spoon

Cooking Mama, not one, but two
and boats, big boats, small boats, ugly boats, pretty boats, boats with bottles and boats with floaters,
boats that sink and boats that topple over sideways, rice hat and paper sign, everyone in boats

not enough oomph to do another set
doo wutcha like if that's your style
windows are open and cats are awake
sleeping late is bad for you, and dogs are noisy.

Lovey dovey rub-a-dub-dub, not always as it seems but never too far off
eased into submission, thoughts melt into puddles and everything is at ease again
A free-flow of emotions and thoughts, comments and quirks, adequate for nothing, really, but still hoping

Oh, blinking red light, tell me a story!
But don't make me wait three minutes for it,
the wait alone makes me tremble with anticipation
and quiver with delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment