Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy belated, again.

I'm always late on occasions like these, you should know that by now.
Happy Mother's Day
Anyways, happy belated mudduh's day! I hope everyone had a good one. Thanks for the grueling labor you assigned to me ma, I got those tables and the grill squeaky clean, didn't I! Sorry I didn't have a chance to plant your plant yet, but it'll get in the ground soon, I promise!

I realized today that I haven't really updated my blog with anything substantial lately. So what's new? Not much, really. Last week was hell in a nutshell, let's leave it at that, but at least the weekend brought good tidings. Oddly enough, I can't remember what I did on Friday, but I do remember someone texting me and telling me she was having a boring night again. Same old routine, eh?

Saturday was a relaxing day. I finally drove to Costco again for the first time in about a month, and bought a dozen more muffins (six banana nut and six double chocolate) and a man-sized hot dog. "A hot dog and a drink for only $1.50?!" Yes mom, it's a whattabargain!, as sis-in-law would say. Dad was in a rush to pick up his car from the shop, so we dropped him off, and then I went to my piano lesson. Just the usual, although I don't have a lesson this weekend, because my teacher has finals. Good luck, dude!

My aunt and uncle came over later that night, and while my dad and uncle were having another jam session, I watched Catch Me If You Can with my mom and aunt. It's a good movie, check it out if you have the chance. After that, Karate Kid Part II came on, and we baked oatmeal raisin cookies. The adults headed to the karaoke room afterwards, so I stayed cooped up in my room pretty late again, working on something special.

Sunday was mother's day, so of course, we finally had the whole family over for the first time in awhile. Well, almost. Missing out on two people, but after that whole fiasco two years ago, their absence is normal. Sad, but true. The dinner table was as clustered as it's been in a long time: noodles, jelly shrimp (another sis-in-law term), snail sausages, fried fish, lots of veggies, a giant watermelon, and of course, cake to top it off. The cake was taro flavored this time, and was pretty good, although it could have been colder and there wasn't enough of it to go around. After a few hours outside in shorts and a tank-top, we finally headed inside and chilled for another couple of hours. It was nice seeing my cousins again and playing cards with everyone, even if I seemed a little saddened during the card games. And happy mother's day to all the mothers! I love you guys, even though I constantly call you guys "The Crazy Ladies". Haha!

School's been a little slow, but I finally have my educational priorities in order. I've reduced the classes that I'm falling asleep in now to only Algebra 2 and U.S. History. I have a D in Algebra, but despite my class-long naps, I actually understand the material. As long as I study my butt off for the next tests and the final, I should be in good shape, although I might still need a tutor. U.S. History is no problem at all - can you say 102.26%?! Booyah. Speaking of history, a spider crawled on my back today, and I brushed it off and it crawled and fell through the crack between my desk and Don's. He gave me a stare and we scared the girls. As for my other classes, they're in great shape. That D should be skyrocketing as soon as my teacher enters my new grades. My practice test 5, the vocab test from yesterday, and my Poem in Your Pocket poem should give it huge boost. AP Chemistry is such a relaxing class to be in now that the exam is over. We spent Friday afternoon talking about food and aliens, and today we passed time with silly Chemistry-related riddles. Spanish 3 is a cinch, we're making animal cutouts to put on the walls. Life is good!

I'm starting to sleep early now that I finish my homework shortly after I get home. The majority of my free time is now spent either on the couch or on the piano. Houston sufferred a bad loss today, but that makes it even with Sunday's game. And the Nuggets, oh man! The West is looking good. I don't care much for the East, but I hope that neither Boston nor Cleveland makes it. 24 is over next week, I can't believe it. 2-hour season finale, dangit, Kim is always getting into trouble! Not as bad as that stupid mountain lion from season 2, though. I watched a TV special about a musical child prodigy who plays the piano better than I could ever hope to, although that won't stop me from giving it my all. As good as I am, though, I'm not going to get anywhere unless I break out of CMaj., Cm, and DMaj. Good thing my teacher Steven has me transposing music into other keys now. Although I've only done one song so far, it was pretty much done on the spot with no prior practice, and he says I seem to be a natural at it. Isn't that grand!

Well, that's about it for now, sorry for the really long post, but it's been awhile! A bowl of cereal, an episode of Fresh Prince, a few more sets of pushups and curls, and I'm set for bed. I've got another funny (and punny) video to share, but that'll have to wait until tomorrow. In the meantime, here's one of those Chemistry riddles for you. Goodnight!



What are H2O³?

Ice cubes!

(My teacher said whoever answered this was a "fun and cute" person, and I got it right. Don't ask, my teacher is an oddball.)

1 comment: