Friday, May 1, 2009

Naturally,

Dear Lord, thank you for helping me find my smile. Love, Mikey.
DSC_0032
It ain't hard to tell that at this point, I've pretty much got my mind on (auto)focus and my sights on bigger things.

I was supposed to be in bed quite some time ago, but instead I became lost in a sea of expression, enticed by the words of old prophets. Amiri Baraka is perhaps one of, if not the best poet I have ever read from, and I'd encourage anyone with an interest in literature to please do yourself a favor and check out his work. What had started as a simple assignment for "Poem In Your Pocket" day turned into a discovery of something amazing.

Today was boring to say the least, but also symbolic, in more ways than one. Four hours of taking the stupid STAR test, which I blew through in under an hour, leaving me the remaining three to sleep and twiddle my thumbs. I walked home after school under gray skies, watching as the cars sped past me, paying no mind to the fact that I was right on the edge of the sidewalk and could have easily stumbled onto the street in the blink of an eye. As soon as I arrived home, I sat down in front of my all-too-familiar case of ebony & ivory and got straight to work, letting my creative juices flow. New videos to come soon, and by videos, I mean a LOT.

By 5 P.M., I was knocked out on the couch to the commentary of the Bulls/Celtics game, after watching my daily dose of Spider Man, of course. I awoke around 7, and the game was still on, heading into three overtimes and not ending until 8ish. Good game. Mom made chicken and pea stew again, but we had no more mushrooms, we she used corn instead. Thanks for buying the bread that I love to dip in your stew, it was delicious as usual! I hope that I did a good job in cleaning up the yogurt I spilled all over the kitchen floor while you weren't home; you didn't mention anything about it, so I think it's safe to assume so.

I talked to an old friend tonight who I haven't spoken to for the past two weeks, it's always nice to hear from people again. Old habits, right? The rest of the night turned out to be uneventful, really, but quite relaxing. After I showered and applied my deodorant (12 strokes on the left, 13 on the right), I saw my mom playing Sudoku by herself at the kitchen counter, so I pulled up a stool, poured myself a bowl of cereal, and turned on some Fresh Prince. I grabbed a cup of yogurt after I finished eating my cereal; she stared at me and then continued working. Headed to my room after we were all done, and that's about it, really.

Not too bad of a day, actually, not too bad at all. Finally Friday!



P.S. I got your text, thanks princess!

No comments:

Post a Comment