Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mrs. Stranger

Check out this video from the very talented Ralph Valen, I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do!



So what happened this weekend? A damn heat wave, that's what, but aside from the weather, the past two days have been chill. Saturdays without piano lessons seem empty, but I was able to find plenty of other things to keep my mind and body busy, like trips to Target, Finding Nemo, and playing with Tiffy, my mom's friend's dog. Unfortunately, there were no crab puffs at this gathering, and the husband of the nice woman who makes the homemade thai tea smashed his hand in a door on the way to our house, and decided to remain home that night rather than to join the festivities. Bummer!

Sunday was a long day, accompanied by more heat and more visits from distant relatives, and a drive up to Starbucks and Radio Shack with my dad. It started terribly, and got progressively better; a Rockets loss, avenged by a Magic victory. A couple of hours later, I'm still here, letting my brain rot in front of this screen. Not very productive, but blogging helps to relieve stress. I'll be off shortly after I finish this!

I had a chance to speak with Ralph Valen (again, watch that video!) this weekend. We spoke about our work and the life of a musician, and also bounced ideas off one another. He also gave me something that should help me out a lot; basically the foundation of my next piano cover. I can't say much yet, but it's something different, I'll tell you that much. Don't blink!

Overall, not a bad way to end (and begin) a week. Hope everyone has been enjoying life as much as I have, and take it easy!



P.S. I'm done with internet memes as a part of my everyday vocabulary. What were once situational phrases used to emphasize irony in specific moments have become butchered and mutated by overindulgence, often times being used in manners that are completely out of context. I hope you high school kids enjoy thinking that you're cool and hip overusing sayings which you know nothing about. I've been around the internet a million times and back ever since I was 9 years old, and I certainly know the ropes. Thanks for killing another source of relief in my life, and enjoy the rest of yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment