Monday, July 19, 2010

Turtle Wax.

eric 2:26 am: no moar good girls because its too hard being a good girl

Some words of wisdom from my good friend Eric Or. As sad as it is, it's also true; most girls these days give in to temptation simply because it's what most guys want them to do.

The thing is, I'm not like most guys. I could give less of a damn whether a girl smokes, or drinks, or does drugs, or goes to all the parties that she's invited to. In fact, that's a pretty huge turn-off to me. A lot of guys out there are ridiculous, including most of the ones that I know. They follow go to all the functions, talk about the most meaningless things, and follow all the trends, devoting all or most of their time and interest into relatively trivial things such as clothes, cameras, and cars; and then they slam others for being a "hypebeast", claiming that they were into these things first!

As names such as "Supreme", "Illest", "Stussy", and "Hellaflush" become popular, they also begin to catch on with the girls, and they, too, start sporting these labels all over their shirts, bags, blogs, hats - you name it. I know quite a few females who are genuinely into the things that are generally associated with guys, but let's be honest: most of them only do it for the attention. What better way to catch a guy's eye than to show him that you share a common interest?

That doesn't work on me. I'm an entirely different breed altogether. I don't go to parties every weekend. The smell of cigarettes and weed is disgusting. I seldom drink, except when I'm with my family. My closet is filled with mostly black and whites. I wear the same couple of V-neck t-shirts on a weekly rotation. Streetwear doesn't catch my eye at all. Cameras are nice, but I don't see the need to carry them with you 24/7. And why-oh-why would I want to "slam" my car? So I can scrape my front bumper every time I turn into a parking lot? Function > form and mind > matter is the motto that I live by, and my mind is much too brilliant to be desecrated by a life of alcohol, drugs, and idiocy.

In a world of trends, one can only hope to remain true to oneself, even if it means being the odd-man-out most of the time, and trust me when I say that I'm not going to settle for just anybody. As cocky as this sounds, this is a message to all the ladies out there: Y'all gotta step it up and show me something different if you want to get me to notice you.














My goal before school starts: Introduce myself to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment