Monday, July 12, 2010

I Wonder:

Is it possible to go to a party/kickback/BBQ/etc. where the goal isn't to get "totally fucked up"? Not trying to diss anybody or their lifestyle, but this is the reason I don't go out much anymore. I can't even remember the last time I got buzzed. These days, I only drink with my family, and only in moderation; maybe a beer or two, some hot sake if we've got some. Vodka, are you kidding me? It doesn't taste good (in my opinion), and everyone always chases it with Coke or fruit punch, which isn't even the correct way to drink it. But then again, what can I expect from people who are still stuck in that high school mentality and focus solely on going out every night, having a "good time"? I think my definition of fun is much too different from that of most kids my age for me to fit in with anybody. For once, can I meet a girl who doesn't want to drink up, isn't preoccupied with her image, and just wants to go out, chat over a cup of coffee, maybe dinner and a movie? Or maybe I'm too caught up, and perhaps I'm too much of an old-fashioned kind of guy to fit in with you young folks. That's alright, though. I've got room for two, if anyone's interested. If not? That's okay. More for me.

"When I be home, I resist it like it's ohms, I was there, now I'm gone - Shalom."

No comments:

Post a Comment