Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"I don't really mind, just know that you got me."

One of the best things about dogs is that once they get to know you, they'll love you no matter what kind of person you are.
tumblr_kx3biaAhax1qzierpo1_500
And one of the worst things about me is that I can be rather judgmental at times. Just look at my previous post and you'll see exactly what I mean. It's this mindset and attitude of mine that lands me in hot water time after time, and just one of the many reasons that my last...well, left me. You should know the story by now.

As much as it may seem like it, I'm really not a bad person; at least, I don't think that I am. The reason that I become annoyed and even infuriated at times by the actions and lifestyles of others can be attributed to the fact that I hate to see people sell themselves short. I believe that in each and every person, there is a beautiful soul with so, so much potential to blossom into something greater than most of us even imagine. Yet somewhere down the road, many fall and succumb to their darkest, most primal instincts, giving in to temptation and desperation until they are transformed into something else entirely, and I think to myself: "What a shame."

I've always been a stout supporter of individuality. I enjoy people who are different, and adore those who are comfortable enough to be themselves, even if it means that those around them tend to shy away and look the other direction. It would seem, however, that I have also lost a part of myself by becoming so concerned with the lives of others that, subconsciously, I've also started to change. Ironic, isn't it? That my enthusiastic and adventurous risqué behavior, one of my greatest strengths, has also become one of my greatest weaknesses.

What can be learned from this self-evaluation is something that I've known all along, but is also something that I tend to forget quite easily, I suppose. Rather than being so preoccupied with the way that others live their lives, I should enjoy my life, while I still have the luxury of being able to. You do you, and I'll do me. That's more like it. That wasn't so hard, now, was it Mikey?





Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment