Tuesday, July 27, 2010

"Let's not waste no time."

Another day, another dollar. We signed our names, shook hands, and went our separate ways. Rest assured that I'll take care of this baby for as long as I may own her.

Following a small pit-stop, we made our way to the open road. It was the home stretch now, nothing but smooth asphalt for as far as my eyes could see. My eyelids grew heavier as the sun sank in the night sky and a full, golden moon came up over the hills. I awoke in the cockpit of a monster waiting to be unleashed. Its roar sent shivers up my spine and made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end; some would have described it as weak, but to me, it was easily one of the most amazing things I've ever experienced. I think the fact that it's mine had a lot to do with it.

Summer is drawing to a close. I've got nearly a whole two months before it's time to go back to the grind, but that's not to say that I should take it for granted. Through the help of my friends, family, and loved ones, as well as the beauty of the flora and fauna that surrounds me and a lovely gift from my parents, this once-empty summer has suddenly become teeming with life again.

But like I said: there's less than two months left. Two months to enjoy life to its fullest. Two months to live it up. Let's not waste no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment