Thursday, September 17, 2009

Jump-start

It's starting to get a bit warm in here, don't you think?
_DSC1830
Here's just one of my recent pickups. Please excuse the lack of tags and the sloppy photography. Anyways, these bad boys are up for sale, $80 takes it for F&F. It saddens me a bit to say goodbye to something I just received, but trust me, it's about to get a lot hotter real soon.

School has been interesting these past few days. Psychology, which was one of my most boring classes at the beginning of the year, is starting to get interesting, at least with all the activities we've been doing lately. I still don't know what a kumquat is, although I still remember all of the words from earlier today: airplane, cat, cactus, cigar, leaf, book, slipper, piano, gecko, fly, flag, radio, umbrella, sword, daisy, ice cube, mouse, hammer, TV, bicycle! That story was interesting, but I'll have to tell that another time. Spanish is fun as always. We always seem to end up talking about food (fish o' filet?!), and Connie stole my green plaid longsleeve today. Wash that for me, thanks!

Story time! Not really. Anyways, we had a theory day in piano class on Monday. I thought that it would put me to sleep, but I suppose not; Ms. Dixon was talking about accented notes in a way that had Kevin and I cracking up for nearly five minutes straight. "Okay, so these are called accent notes. No, not like French people, not HAWWW HAAWWW HAWWWWW." Good grief! And did you know Sergei Rachmaninoff had hands that spanned THIRTEEN notes?! I can barely reach nine while this guy has hands that would scare Frankenstein. And once again, the advanced students corner gets a glare from Ms. Dixon. "Hey, you guys are supposed to be writing! Not seeing if your hands can stretch thirteen notes...MIKEY." As much as that class bores me, I have to admit that it really gives me a chance to unwind after a long day of school. I'll save the magnet and vaccuum jokes for another time.

On a lesser note, I still can't figure out why my dad's 300-disc player cannot read these CDs I've burned, even though I clearly burned them as audio CDs and not data CDs. I would rather figure this out than to completely rewire the speaker setup so that my computer is the input/stereo mix. Other than this small kink I have yet to work out, my recording studio is pretty much complete, and hopefully I'll be able to have some samples out before month's end.

And last but not least, don't forget to check out my Flickr from time to time. I really need to update it more often, but that can be tough to do when you share your camera with your dad.

I'm officially beat, but on the bright side, I finished all of my homework (thoroughly!) and half of my workout today. It's time for my 8-minute abs, and after that, sleep. Tomorrow should be a good day.


Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment