Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Kickoff.

SHORYUKEN!
Photobucket
So this is going to be short, but as you've probably guessed by now, the 2009 NFL season officially began last week, and I'm pretty damn psyched that the Packers came out 1-0 despite a somewhat choppy start. The offense had some difficulty bringing it all together (although they played terrific during the preseason), but at the defense is looking MUCH better. I was a bit skeptical about the Pack switching to a 3-4 defense this year, but it seems to be working for them. As far as the offense goes, there were way too many dropped balls, which should not have been a problem at all as our wideouts are some of the best in the league (season-opening jitters?). Protection was somewhat poor, but considering that it was the Bears they were up against, it could have been a lot worse.

Last but not least, Rodgers pulls out a 4th-quarter comeback in a very Favre-esque manner. Deja vu much? Despite a less-than-spectacular record last season, Rodgers has completely dispelled any concerns that he would not live up to Favre's legacy, and if I may be so bold as to say so myself, I think he'll be able to surpass Favre in the long run. It's no secret that this guy is one of the best emerging quarterbacks in the league; although it's only his second year as a starter, you would have never known that judging solely on not only his numbers, but simply how comfortable and poised he looks out there on the field, and his greatness is evident in his game-winning drive on Sunday night: one pass, one reception, boom. The image above is titled "rodgersftw", although I prefer "SHORYUKEN" much better.

Other than that, the weekend brought some much-needed excitement into this dull life of mine. I skipped out on my afternoon nap last Friday and went to watch 9 with some friends. After that, we headed to Sweet Tomato (my first time there, by the way) to get our grub on. Made it home at around 11 P.M. with a throbbing headache, and ended up falling asleep on the couch. My Saturday was spent running errands; I woke up surprisingly early (10 A.M., which is unheard of when it comes to weekends) and drove to Costco with my parents to do some grocery shopping. Piano lessons are back in full swing, with the only change being that I start at 2P.M. now rather than 3. Visit my grandma at the hospital (get well soon <3) and then my uncle's house to pick up some food. Family over at night, which led to dinner and a jam session as well as setting up my recording studio, and another 4A.M. morning. Sunday was nothing but football, but I think I've talked about that enough already.



Well, so much for this being a "short" post. I'm about to lotion up - damn this dry skin of mine - and finally hit the sack. Goodnight, and hope to see you at the borderline.

No comments:

Post a Comment