Thursday, August 26, 2010

Catch of the Day.

ONE DAY. I missed this by ONE DAY.
Disneyland
Oh, how I would have loved to be able to come out to this event tonight. It's been far too long since I've visited Downtown Disney, and unfortunately, it doesn't look as if I'll be able to go before my summer ends. However, I'm making it a personal goal to go to Disneyland at least once before the year ends. Hopefully through hard work, persistence, and a little luck, that dream of mine will finally come true.

My friend Donn John told the other week that one day he'd walk into House of Blues and see me up there, working my magic for all to see. That sounds wonderful, but it also makes me think: How can someone have so much faith in me when I don't even have faith in myself? And it's not just DJ, but others as well, plenty of others who think that I've got the stuff to make my greatest aspirations come alive with harmony. Wherever they are drawing this unwavering belief from, it must be pretty wonderful, but since I haven't found it yet, all I can do is keep my fingers on the keys and my heart in the clouds as I search onward and upward.

Fame is a lot like love; nearly identical, in fact. Trust me, I've had a taste of both. You can dream of it for days, yearn for it with great passion, envy those who have it, wishing that they would share just a piece. You can hold it tightly on those cold nights, embracing it as you fall asleep, only to wake up and see that it's gone, nowhere to be found. And while both fame and love share some common elements, there is one fundamental difference that sets the two apart: love can sustain where fame cannot.

What's truly ironic, though, is that I do have it in me. Yet I lack conviction. An apology to those who feel that my talents are going to waste as I sit here and do nothing but type out long, metaphor-laden blogs that nobody really reads, because for as much as I want to get myself out there, a man simply cannot carry on for long without a source of inspiration...and the best source of inspiration is the human heart.

Tomorrow, I'll be embarking on a journey both physically and spiritually. With any luck, it'll be one step closer to just what I've been looking for.


In a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment