Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Let's Get Right

Oh, August, what happened to you?

As I slip deeper and deeper into last July's mindset, I certainly do miss last August, and I can't help but wonder whether it was a case of serendipity or just pure coincidence that the eighth month of last year was so grand to me, and while I've made a full recovery those deep wounds, I must admit that I do miss it. Keyword: it. Not her. It. They say that absence makes the heart fonder, but fonder of what? It's the pursuit of something so beautiful and illustrious that has defined my very being for so long, and the desire for something much more than a single night of lust that sets me apart from the pack. And perhaps it's ironic that I've passed on so many chances in the past, knowing that I would simply be settling for something lesser, not chasing a dream come true. But, see, the problem is that it's one thing to chase someone, but an entirely different thing to chase someone who won't let you chase them. Pardon the slur in my words, for I can't really seem to find a better way to put this, but as I jam to this track in my seat, a smile breaks out across my face, surely but slowly as I the beats caress my ears and these foolish thoughts of you and I underneath a starry Saturday night enter my mind. And just as quickly, I snap myself back to reality, reminding myself that it'll probably never happen, anyway. But hey; a guy can dream, can't he?






Now, if you'll excuse me, miss, I've got a car to polish. But just for now, don't let my champagne spill on you, as you make your move.

No comments:

Post a Comment