Sunday, August 22, 2010

"Ma Chère Amie"

A simple plaid shirt and a pair of black leggings adorned the apple of my eye last Thursday night as we exchanged furtive glances and playful smiles from across the dinner table. But I soon discovered that a couple of bowls and plates weren't all that stood between us, and while the thought of it was very pleasant indeed, I'm afraid that the long distance and a language barrier won in the end. I'm not quite sure if I've ever told this to anybody, but I've always wanted to learn French. What better language to learn than that of love, right? But alas, it was just another night that came and went, a stranger from the other side of the train tracks passing by, giving me the pleasure of a nice meal and good company before we went our separate ways. It was a nice night.

Wherever you may be, I hope that there is someone with you tonight, treating you like the gem that you are. And as for me? Well, I think I've struck gold, somewhere much closer to home. She just doesn't know it yet. But time and space is what she needs, so time and space is what she'll get.

I'll meet you on the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment