Monday, August 2, 2010

Productivity.

I just realized that this will be my third post in a row without any pictures or videos to share. Dammit! I really dislike it when my blog gets bland, but I'll try to have something up tomorrow.

Yesterday was a very productive day for me; even I'm surprised at how much I got done! Originally, I had intended to wash, vacuum, claybar, detail, polish, and wax (basically the "special treatment") my car on Saturday morning, but because we were having guests over that night, my dad insisted that I do it on Sunday morning, instead. However, being the heavy sleeper that I am, I didn't even roll out of bed until around 12:30. My parents were both at an event with their friend, so I poured myself a bowl of Cheerios and then took a quick shower.

One of my favorite movies, Rush Hour, was playing after I had finished, so I decided to take that time to sit in front of the TV and finally put together my new PC after nearly a month of stacking boxes upon boxes of computer parts in my second room. It was my first time building one from scratch, but after about an hour and a half - plus a little extra if you count the time I spent on cable management - I was done! I have to admit, I spent A LOT of money on this (well, maybe not to some people, but it was a lot for me), but it's well worth it in the end. I don't think I've ever been on a PC this fast! I can't wait to play some games on this thing.

After my computer was all finished, I drove (with my dad) to go get a haircut. I've been going to the same place for almost two years now, but I have to say that I'm beginning to feel pretty uncomfortable there; the new people that they're hiring seem pretty wild and 'out there', if you know what I mean. The fact that I knew that the guy who's been cutting my hair was gay since I first saw him doesn't help either, but hey, he gives a good, clean cut, and that's what I'm paying for. I gotta hand it to him, he's been doing a much better job lately, although today's cut wasn't as great as the one I got last month.

Took a shower again when I got home and ate a huge bowl of baby clams and rice that my mom made for me. She has this ridiculous notion that I hate eating now, so she's been shoving food into my face every time I enter the kitchen. Following dinner, my dad and I FINALLY washed my car, but it wasn't a total success: the previous owner parked it on the street a lot and it would get sprayed with sprinkler water, so now I have hard-water buildup on my car that's gonna take A LOT of work to get off. I've got some interesting ideas to test out about how to get rid of it. We'll see how far I get tomorrow morning. Speaking of tomorrow morning, I also have to go to the DMV to register my car. How fun! Naaahhht.

Working out has become almost second nature to me now. I don't even think as I go through the motions, and before I know it, I'm done and feeling as fantastic as ever. I ended up taking a third shower today, because I just can't stand going to bed all sweaty and sticky. My mom told me to eat a banana (I was born in the year of the monkey, hah) before I go to sleep, so I suppose I'll go do that right now...with some Nutella on the side, of course.

Well, that's my day. Doesn't sound like much, I know, but considering the fact that I didn't even get out of bed until half past noon and I was flying solo for most of these things that I got done, I'd have to say that I'm pretty beat. Sorry to whoever I didn't get a chance to get back to! I'm usually very diligent about replying to IMs/texts/FB comments, but these past couple of days have made me just a little bit forgetful.

Anyway, this week should be great, and this banana looks delicious. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment