Thursday, July 14, 2011

Lasers.

Wearing these was the highlight of my day, hahah. They're so comfy!
_DSC0211
Kinda sad when you think about it. Then again, I saw this coming from a million miles away. I never fail to set myself up for disappointment, time after time. I should have listened to my sister the first time around.

On the bright side, I have been pretty productive these past couple of days! Seeing as how my plans for tonight didn't work out quite the way I wanted them to, I decided to pay my old coworkers a visit. It's only been about a month since I quit, but it certainly feels much longer than that. The fact that I no longer have a steady source of income coupled with the fact that its summer and I've been going out much more than usual makes me feel like a bum. Anyway, when she saw me, my coworker Esther wrapped her arms around me and gave me a biiiiiig hug, one that was so strong that it forced me back into a wall, and she ended up getting her hands smashed between the wall and my back (oops). Shortly after that we decided to head downstairs so that she could grab some stuff for the store and so I could say hi to my old boss, and when my boss asked Esther what happened to her hands, she replied with, "I was making out with Mikey!". Then my boss told me to go with Esther to bring the stuff upstairs and told us to make out in the elevator, hahah! My boss and Esther are dating, by the way, and we're all good friends, so it was just jokes all around.

Since I thought that I would be going out today, I decided to wash my car yesterday, as I was already working on her. So much for that...but at least my car is clean now! I still have to purchase a new iPod adapter for my tape deck, but in the meantime, I've burned a few CDs to keep my ears company as I drive, including another "summer mix", with Jeff Bernat as the opening act once again. I have a peculiar way of picking out which songs to put on a CD: I always lean towards songs that would be fitting for a road trip or a long drive somewhere. Sadly, due to summer classes taking up four days out of my week and most of my friends already having their own plans, I'm finding it difficult to have adventures. One of these days, I just want to drive somewhere, anywhere; SF, the beach, Disneyland, anywhere. Get me out of here.

I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty bummed right now, but at the same time, I have a lot to be optimistic and hopeful for. Tomorrow I'm planning to go with my mom to get our passports renewed and then have dinner with a few friends afterward, and next week I have a catering event that I'll be working at, as well as breakfast plans, another car meet, and a few potential photoshoots. Despite all that's happened, I'm not going to let it ruin me, and I plan on making this summer a memorable one.

Anyone care to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment