Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Summer Do, Part Deux

My iPod adapter for my car broke, so its time for me to start making some CDs!

This has been repeat for the past hour or so, haha. I'm currently sitting cross-legged on my bed, singing this in front of my laptop and having a conversation with my good friend Jackie. I made a "summer mix" CD the other summer when I first got my permit and started driving my mom's car around, and this was the first song on the CD, although it was the studio version, not this acoustic rendition. To this day, it remains one of my favorite songs, as cheesy as it is. Can you believe that I still have that CD and listen to it on a near-daily basis? It's crazy how times flies when you're having fun - or even if you're not. I'm planning to make a new summer CD pretty soon, and although I haven't finished picking out which songs will be on it, this will definitely be the first again.

It's hard to believe that July is nearly halfway through already. While we're technically in summer, I haven't been feeling it much lately, other than the week of my spring quarter finals, during which I literally went out every day and "lived it up", for lack of a better phrase. But other than that, I guess you can say that its been pretty dull for me so far. Perhaps its because I'm taking summer classes, or because I'm having somewhat of a difficult time figuring out who I can really trust these days. Nevertheless, I'm still putting forth my best efforts to make this summer a memorable one; besides, I've still got all of August and most of September to enjoy!

Well, I guess we're hanging out on Thursday. To be honest, I'm not feeling it anymore. I feel as if we're past the point of no return, and nothing that you or I do or say will change the outcome of things. I'm not going to lie: I still feel as if you're a good person at heart, someone who is just confused and hurting on the inside, and that these things you do and these walls that you put up aren't reflective of that beautiful soul you're hiding underneath all that partying and bullshit. On the other hand, you fucked up. This is something I should have left alone from the moment it ended, but I guess that part of me still believes. I'm not expecting you to change your mind, but who knows? Maybe you will. Sigh, this is what I get for being a nice guy.

Anyway, enough of that. If you're wondering about my title for this particular blog post, it's because I've received a lot of compliments on my hair lately! It's not quite as crazy of a faux-hawk as it was two years ago (that one had a tail, it was nuts!), but a lot of my relatives and my parents' friends have been telling me that my hair looks nice lately, which I'm really thankful for. My parents hated my hairstyle when I first cut it this way, but after two years, I think they've finally come to accept it (and maybe even like it). Thanks, mom & dad! Now if only I can convince them to let me get a piercing...alright, nah, now I'm just being silly. I think it's time for me to stop writing. Pz!

No comments:

Post a Comment