Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Time Traveler's Wife

Just watched it for the first time with my family, and even though I missed out on a good chunk of it, it was an overall enjoyable experience. I'm not usually into these sort of movies, but I have to admit, this one was really profound. It gave me a reminder of how fleeting love really is and of the unpredictability of life in general. Still, just because something comes and goes doesn't mean that nothing good can come out of it, and more often than not we're left with mementos of the good times and cherished moments that we once had. I guess, in a way, we're all time travelers. One minute we're reflecting on the past, pondering why things turned out the way they did, and the next minute we're leaping ahead into the future, engulfed by the countless possibilities that lie ahead. Just thinking about it gives me the jitters.


Garlic festival in the morning. I should really get some sleep (hah)!

1 comment: