Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sequel

If you had told me a year ago that I'd be sitting here, talking to my ex about my current state of affairs, and doing so comfortably and without any hesitation, restraint, or difficulty between us whatsoever, I'd have called you a liar. Yet here we were, on a Saturday afternoon, chatting it up, me explaining my current situation and her offering the best advice she could possibly muster out of her ninety-pound frame. Who'd have thought?

It's incredible how emotions, as strong as they are, can change so drastically over time. I guess it's true what they say: every song has a part two, and I've found several sequels in the past couple of weeks. And maybe one day, this, too, will be a nothing more than a speck of dirt in my rear-view mirror until finally, we come full circle, and that bond, not of love, but of companionship is lit once again.


Don't ask me how I come up with this shit. I just do, alright?

No comments:

Post a Comment