Monday, July 18, 2011

"Let Me Take You Out!"

Our theme song for this weekend, hahah! Kinda liking the single life right now.

I guess you can say I had a pretty good weekend. I only got four hours of sleep last night and my parents are watching Blue Crush 2 right now (they rent hella random movies, I swear) which is kinda distracting me, so I'll forgo trying to eloquently string together my words tonight and instead just do a recap of what went down.

Friday: Typical lazy day for me, you know, college life and whatnot. I ended up sleeping in until 2 P.M. My mom had been bugging me to go get my passport renewed in case we decide to travel out of the country later on this year, so after eating a quick "breakfast" and showering, we drove downtown to the county office, only to find out that they only do passport renewals until 3 P.M., and it was nearly 4 by the time we got there, so we just turned around and headed home. My parents threw a karaoke party that night, as they do every Friday night, so I spent most of the evening playing games on my computer. At around 11 P.M., "those thoughts" began to slowly drift into my mind once again, and I decided that I couldn't be home and that I needed someone to talk to, so I went to Quiatchon's house. We hung out for awhile, played some games, watched stuff on Youtube, ate, just the usual. Ended up getting a lot of stuff off my chest and had some good talks about accepting what's been done and how to cope with the consequences. I didn't get home until around 5:30 A.M., but since I told my mom what was going on with my personal life, she wasn't mad at all <3 Stayed up for a bit and at 6 A.M., Randy and I were chatting on FB and spontaneously decided to go to CGA in a few hours. The last time I went to CGA was Kababayan Fest 2009!

Saturday: CGA opens at 10 A.M., and Randy wanted to be there right when it opened, so I took a nap until 9 and then woke up again to get ready. Feels weird waking up earlier than my parents for once. We lagged, as usual, but finally arrived at the park around 11 A.M. or so, after spending an hour hunting for a Subway and driving there and back to pick up Trish, who changed her mind about going last-minute. Apparently there was a company picnic for a local tech firm, Linear Technologies, and A LOT of my friends from high school have parents or relatives that work there, so the whole day felt like a mini-reunion. Spent most of the day with Randy, Erick, Trish, Justin, Kae, Alex, and Jenna (even-numbered ftw! No odd-man out!), but also chilled and talked to a lot of other people that I haven't seen in awhile. We rode pretty much everything, but Erick and I skipped out on Drop Zone because we're wusses like that...haha. Randy and Justin spent HELLA money on games too! Between the two of them, they probably tried the three-point challenge a dozen times...and it's $10 per play, so you do the math. Unfortunately, we didn't win any blankets, but we swooped up pretty much all of the Lakers flags, and I got a cool ninja plush for the rear window of my car. We stayed until the park closed, and then I dropped the guys off, headed home, and then had a quick dinner and slept early (2 A.M., hahahaha) for once.

Sunday: Woke up at 2 P.M., again. Can you blame me? I only had three hours of sleep between Friday and Saturday. I got up just in time to see the end of the Women's World Cup Final...which we lost ): Anyway, Jess texted me asking if I was down for Pepper Lunch, which I always am. We originally made plans for 7 P.M., but half an hour later she decided that she was hungry RIGHT THEN AND THERE (typical Jess), so I picked Randy up and headed there to meet her and Christian, plus Anna and David who stopped by for a bit. Well, turns out that they close during the afternoon and don't re-open until 5:30, so we ended up getting Fantasia and rescheduled our Pepper Lunch plans for 7, like we had originally planned. Anna and David left to go do their own thing, but the rest of us were still a little hungry, so we went to get carne asada fries and Taqueria Las Vegas; pretty good, but not as good as Burrito Azteca, of course, and kinda pricey as well. We sat and chilled for an hour or so, just goofing out and playing that song that I linked to up there. Apparently Christian memorized the dance that they do and he taught it to the rest of us, which was perhaps a bad idea, because we were doing it all night to random people that we saw on the road. Jess and Christian left to go so Winnie the Pooh and Randy had a football game near Great Mall, so I dropped him off and then did some window shopping. I tried to hit up a few of my friends that live in Milpitas to see if they wanted to kick it; one was spending time with her family, the other wasn't home, and one never texted me back -__- But surely enough, time flew by really quickly, and the next thing I knew, we were all back at Pepper Lunch again, enjoying a steaming hot meal and making fun of the noobies at the next table, who apparently had never been there before and failed to cook all of their meat before the plate got cold. We grabbed some Yogurtland after that and just hung out until around 11 or so, then went our separate ways. I ended up staying up last night until around 5 A.M., just watching TV and clips from Disney movies on Youtube and having some good conversations with old friends.

Damn, I talk a lot. I could go on and on and on about what happens in my day-to-day life, but then every post would be as long as this one and my eyes would bleed just from looking at my blog, hahah. So there's my lengthy recap of this past weekend, and probably one of the only recaps I'll do this year. Kudos if you made it all the way to the end of this post!

Blue Crush 2 is finally over (or at least I think, because I hear what sounds like ending credits) and my parents will probably start getting ready for bed soon, so it's time for me to go work out. Late!

No comments:

Post a Comment