Saturday, July 30, 2011

posted

Man I am tiiiiiiiiired.
_DSC9675
My good friend Amery made this for me as a 17th birthday present, but for some reason I never hung it up until about a month ago. Actually, I'm surprised that I still have it. A little while after we stopped "talking", I decided to throw out all of the things that reminded me of her: all the posters, letters, notes, even my old cell phone! Somehow, I must have missed this, because I stumbled upon it while cleaning out my closet, and since I'm no longer bitter about what happened - we're actually on good terms now and we talk, from time to time - and because it's such a nice painting, well, I decided to hang it up. This (along with a picture of her, which I also must have missed) is the only thing that I have left.

Anyway, today was a gooooooooood day. I ended up sleeping around 4:30 A.M. last night and waking up around 9:30 A.M. this morning. My family and I went to the Gilroy Garlic Festival, which was a new experience for all of us. Never before have I had so much garlic all at once, and never again will I...garlic ice cream is seriously disgusting. As we piled into the car to head home, six hours later, we all agreed that while it was a unique experience for us, we would probably never come back. I mean, seriously! It cost $15 per person to get in and each food dish that they served was anywhere from $5-10, which means that you'll be spending a lot of money just to try everything, not to mention waiting in some of the longest lines I've seen since my Disneyland trip two years ago. At the end of the day, all I got was a slightly-more-empty wallet, a breath reeking of garlic, and a nasty sunburn.

We arrived home around 5:30, and I immediately flopped onto my bed and K.O.'d. Around 7, my parents left to a party and my sister and her husband went to a bar to catch up with some old friends, so I hit Randy up to see if he wanted to go get steak fries with me; that guy is always down for anything, I swear. After chowing down on perhaps the most delicious carne asada fries I've had in years, we met up with Huy and his cousin at Great Mall, then "caravan'd" to Fantasia, where we got some delicious boba and just kicked it for a few hours. Saw some eye candy, too! We're hella dumb when it comes to thinking of ways to meet girls, fo-rilz. In the end, none of us ended up saying anything. I'm just not the type to go up to a random girl and try to generate a conversation out of thin air! Seems a little creeper-ish to me...but maybe one of these days, I'll learn to let go of my self-consciousness and just go for it. Maybe. But damn, something about girls in leather jackets...

Well, that's all for now. Not a bad second-to-last-day-of-the-month, if I may say so myself. I'm taking tomorrow "off" from blogging and will probably end up doing a lot of sleeping, lounging around the house watching movies on TV, and of course, eating. Maybe cruise around Milpitas for a bit, if the girls are up for it? Whatever happens, tomorrow will be chill, because I said so.


Pz!

No comments:

Post a Comment